Going Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week...
Questions for Sunday, November 8th Sermon Why...
According to the principles of sowing and...
Sermon Topic: Pseudo Prophet and Poisonous Politician...
How long after you knew about airplanes...
18 NovGoing Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week...
11 NovQuestions for Sunday, November 8th Sermon Why...
03 NovAccording to the principles of sowing and...
3705 N Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32818 Phone:(407) 293-2781 Fax:(407) 295-2960 Email:Office@metrowestchurch.org
Going Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week beginning November 15, 2020
- Put yourself in the place of the people that Jesus told to do all that the Pharisees and the Scribes commanded them, Matthew 23:2-3. Knowing that the pharisees and Scribes were hypocrites, why would you be inclined to do what they command you?
- In Matthew 23:8-10 Jesus instructed the disciples that they were not to be called Rabbi for One is their Teacher and they were all brothers. Neither were they to call anyone on earth father for One is their Father, He who is in heaven; and they should not be called leader as One is their Leader who is Christ. Two of these instructions are about what they should not be called, and one is about what they should not call someone. What concerns do these instructions cause you?
- Jesus stated in Matthew 23:23 that Justice, mercy, and faithfulness are the weightier matters of the Law. He stated that these are the things that should the Scribes and Pharisees should be engaged in without neglecting the practice of tithing. If Jesus were to address you on these matters personally, what would He be telling you about tithing, Justice, mercy, and faithfulness? Which of these practices would He be commending you? Which of these practices would He be cautioning you…for things not done or for things done?
- As a follower of Christ, what sort of behavior would you identify as a stumbling block to you? How do you deal with factors that are stumbling blocks and the persons who cause the stumbling? How would you respond to someone if they made you aware that either your action or your words have cause them to stumble? Read Matthew 23:13.
- Jesus indicted the Pharisees and the Scribes for their global travels to convert persons to their religion whom they make twice as evil as themselves. Just how far are you willing to go to further the kingdom of God? What are you willing to do to retain those whom you have led to Christ? Rea.d Matthew 23:15
- In Matthew 23:24 Jesus called the Pharisees and the Scribes “blind guides”. He also accused them of “straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel”. Put this statement in your own words and share what would be some of the difficulties you would face with persons like these as your spiritual guides?