Going Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week...
Questions for Sunday, November 8th Sermon Why...
According to the principles of sowing and...
Sermon Topic: Pseudo Prophet and Poisonous Politician...
How long after you knew about airplanes...
18 NovGoing Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week...
11 NovQuestions for Sunday, November 8th Sermon Why...
03 NovAccording to the principles of sowing and...
3705 N Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32818 Phone:(407) 293-2781 Fax:(407) 295-2960 Email:Office@metrowestchurch.org
Sermon Topic: Pseudo Prophet and Poisonous Politician Pollute Pure Religion
Read Numbers Chapters 22-24; 2 Peter 212-16; Revelation 2:14
- As we go through life from day to day, we make various decisions and choices. Some of them are minor and some are major and can impact others for several generations. Share your experience regarding a decision you have made to either do something or not do something. What would you say were the most powerful influencing factors in making that decision? How do you feel now about that decision?
- The president of the USA chooses advisors who should be able to offer guidance in various areas of the president’s duties. If you were asked to recommend a spiritual advisor for the President, what would be major qualities you would be looking for in that person? What would be your none-negotiables?
- As you read the chapters which informed you about Balaam, what are somethings you have found troubling? What are somethings you find admirable? Would you say Balaam was confused or compromising? Explain your response.
- What is the difference between seeking God’s advice and seeking His permission? In praying about how to vote in this election, what do we need from God: His permission, or His advice?
- Balaam and Balak were practicing idolatry and sorcery, which were strictly forbidden by the Lord (Num. 22:41; 23:1-30; 24:1). Who would you say was leading who in these situation? What are some of the ways that you feel you are being pressured to participate in practices that are prohibited by God?
- During the encounter between Balak and Balaam, Moses was the spiritual leader of Israel. He would have been the ideal person for Balaam to inform about Balak’s proposal. Balaam did not consult with Moses. As you face life’s many challenges, who do you seek out to help you with those things that threaten to derail you?
- Disobedience to God, poor judgment, and malicious actions of others contribute to one’s spiritual downfall. Which of these three things do you feel could affect you the most?
- What is the most important lesson would you say that you have learned from the information given about Balak and Balaam?