Going Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week...
Questions for Sunday, November 8th Sermon Why...
According to the principles of sowing and...
Sermon Topic: Pseudo Prophet and Poisonous Politician...
How long after you knew about airplanes...
18 NovGoing Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week...
11 NovQuestions for Sunday, November 8th Sermon Why...
03 NovAccording to the principles of sowing and...
3705 N Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32818 Phone:(407) 293-2781 Fax:(407) 295-2960 Email:Office@metrowestchurch.org
- How long have you been in your current Job? Would you say you have remained in your job because of what your employer has offered or despite what has been offered? Think about the church you are a part of using these same questions. Knowing that you have the option to be a part of other congregations, what are the two main factors that caused you to remain where you are?
- This is how the believers are described in Acts 2:42 “They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to prayer”. How much do you value these practices and how would you describe your engagement in all four? Which of these would you say you need to continually devote yourself to and how would it benefit you?
- One of the amazing occurrences in the life of the church in Acts 2 was that people were being saved daily (2:47). This resulted in the rapid increase in the number of believers. How do you see those four practices contributing to the growth of the church then? What can you contribute to bring about and maintain that kind of growth in your church?
- To what extent would you say this statement is true of your life: “We set our schedule, but God controls the time”? If someone told you that he/she does not have enough time to spend with God, what suggestions would you offer to help this individual find more time with God?
- Time with God and time for God are critical for the development of one’s relationship with Him and for spiritual growth. Finish this statement: “I would devote more time to be with the Lord if I didn’t have .” Now turn the statement around and begin by saying “I will not spend so much time doing , so I can devote more time to be with the Lord. Develop a schedule for this week that will allow you to increase your time with God and time for God.
- The church of the Nazarene has a wealth of resources that are helpful for one’s spiritual development and preparation for service to God. Take some time this week to browse the web at nazarene.org Click on “who we are” then look up “what we believe”. Read up on “our statement of Belief and “Articles of Faith”. Write your thoughts on what you have read. What surprised you? Share what you have learned with someone.
God took time to create the universe. We must take time to know and serve God.