Going Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week...
Questions for Sunday, November 8th Sermon Why...
According to the principles of sowing and...
Sermon Topic: Pseudo Prophet and Poisonous Politician...
How long after you knew about airplanes...
18 NovGoing Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week...
11 NovQuestions for Sunday, November 8th Sermon Why...
03 NovAccording to the principles of sowing and...
3705 N Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32818 Phone:(407) 293-2781 Fax:(407) 295-2960 Email:Office@metrowestchurch.org
This Week’s Reflection on “The Church That Retains”
- Share an experience you have had about a purchase you made based mainly on the appearance of the product. Also share an experience you had about a purchase you made based on careful research of the product and not on the appearance of it. What are some of the things you knew about the church you are a part of before you decided to become a part?
- The first thing Luke tells us about the disciples of Christ after His ascension was that they gathered with one mind and were continually devoting themselves to prayer, Acts 1:14. What does this picture tell you about these believers? If the names of the people who are constantly and consistently devoting themselves for prayer were written in a book in heaven, would your name be there? What would you say are the church’s top three most important activities? Why?
- Which of these would you change, the format of prayer services in church or your mindset towards prayer? If it is the format of the prayer services, what would you like to see? If it is your mindset, what would you want changed?
- The disciples came to Jesus and asked Him to teach them to pray. What are your thoughts on classes where persons are taught to pray? Would you be able to teach others to pray or would you want to be taught to pray? What are some of the benefits of praying together?
- Read the following passages: Mark 11:25; 1 Peter 3:7; Psalm 51:10. Can you produce any biblical evidence that any of the disciples had to deal with un-forgiveness among themselves? If God were to address any of the issues relating to prayer in these text with you, which would it be? Would it be something that has been resolved or is it something that needs to be resolved?
- To show that you are convinced that prayer is essential for all believers, create a plan by which you will pray with 14 persons within 7 days. Encourage those whom you have prayed with to do the same. Note the differences in you after the week and share them with others.
- The Bible gives us several accounts of changes that have taken place because of persistent and continuous prayers to God. Gen. 18:23-33; Gen. 25:21; Exodus 8:12, 30-31; Jonah 2:1-10; 3:5-10; Acts 12:1-17. Commit to PUSH (Pray Until Something Happen). Identify something that should be changed either a condition within you or a circumstance around you. Identify a brother or sister to partner with you as you commit to prayer. EXPECT GOD TO RESPOND!!!