Acts 11:19-26 Describe a cause or causes...
Can you think of a time when...
THE TOP REASONS YOUNG PEOPLE DROP OUT...
How long have you been in your...
Questions for Reflection! How do you reconcile...
13 SepActs 11:19-26 Describe a cause or causes...
06 SepCan you think of a time when...
01 SepTHE TOP REASONS YOUNG PEOPLE DROP OUT...
3705 N Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32818 Phone:(407) 293-2781 Fax:(407) 295-2960 Email:Office@metrowestchurch.org
- What was the first bill that you recall that you were responsible for paying? What was it like for you? How did you feel about it? What is one expense you have today that you wish you did not have? With all the genuineness of your heart, what are some of the emotions that you experience when it comes to giving your offerings/tithes?
- Peter was asked about Jesus’ compliance with the law of paying the poll tax. He answered in the affirmative. Peter knew about the giving practices of Jesus. If a family member or a friend was asked about your giving practice, what might that person’s answer be? How concerned are you about the response that the person would give about you?
- Employed persons are given a W2 form which shows their earnings and some other expenses. The person who prepares your taxes has access to your W2 as well as your giving receipts. Some taxes are refunded; social security payments are invested to be paid out the contributor at upon reaching a specific age and other taxes go towards future benefits. What do you consider to be the benefits of giving tithes and offering?
- Which of these terms best describes how you view your offering and tithes? An expense, a debt, a bill, an investment, a blessing, a tax, or any other term? Explain why you chose that response.
- Think about some unusual ways that you have received money or some other form of urgent assistance that came at the right time. How did you respond to that unusual occurrence? What lesson did you learn from that experience?
- If giving is an act of worship, how would you describe your family’s worship in this area? Dedicated? Faithful? Cheerful? Forced? A delight for everyone in the family? A burden on the family? Some other way?
- Do a search in the Bible to see what is said about giving. Based on the results of your search, what action will you take?
- In Romans 12:6-8, Paul gives a list of some gifts that God gives. He gave another list in 1 Corinthians 12. One of the gifts mentioned by Paul is giving. Is this a gift that you have? How would you say you have been using this gift to glorify God?