- Going Deeper – June 6, 2021 1,...
- Going Deeper: Reflection and Application Questions for...
- Going Deeper Reflection and Application For Week...
Going Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week Ending April 18, 2021 “The One Who Is; the One Who Was The One Who Is To Come” Revelation 1-18John is referred to as a bond-servant...
Going Deeper: Reflection and Application Questions based on Good Friday and Easter Sunday’s Sermons (April 2021)Peter’s first recorded sermon is in Acts...
- 14 JunGoing Deeper – June 6, 2021 1,...
- 02 JunGoing Deeper: Reflection and Application Questions for...
- 28 MayGoing Deeper Reflection and Application For Week...
3705 N Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32818 Phone:(407) 293-2781 Fax:(407) 295-2960 Email:Office@metrowestchurch.org
Romans 13:1-14 Responsibilities to Authority and to One Another
- What are the different categories of crimes in the USA? What determines which
category a crime fits in? Is there a difference between crimes and sins? If there are
differences, what makes them different? If they are the same, what makes them the
same? Does the breaking of a law automatically mean that a person has sinned?
- How do governments serve God?
If the ruling government is put in place by God, does that mean that the opposing party is
- How does a person submit to the governing authorities? Romans 13:6-7
Give an example of when it would be considered right to resist government? Can you
provide any Scriptural support for this?
- Where the governing authorities have shown that they are not serving God by doing
good to all, how can you be a representative of God in your homes, in your places of
work, and in your relationships?
- Paul presents love as the remedy for all relational problems. He states that love is the
fulfilling of the law, Romans 13:8,10. How have you experienced love either as a remedy
or have used love as a remedy?
- What are some of the ways that these statements challenge you? Romans 13:9 “…You
shall not commit adultery; you shall not murder; you shall not steal; you shall not covet;
you shall love your neighbor as yourself”?
- What is it that Paul identifies as the urgent reason to practice righteous living? Romans
- In Romans 13, Paul outlines our responsibilities to authorities and our responsibilities to
one another. Which of these areas is God pointing out to you that you must show
yourself to be a better representative of His? Put in place a plan of action to address
what God has pointed out to you. Verses 13 and 14 give us a hint.