- Going Deeper – June 6, 2021 1,...
- Going Deeper: Reflection and Application Questions for...
- Going Deeper Reflection and Application For Week...
Going Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week Ending April 18, 2021 “The One Who Is; the One Who Was The One Who Is To Come” Revelation 1-18John is referred to as a bond-servant...
Going Deeper: Reflection and Application Questions based on Good Friday and Easter Sunday’s Sermons (April 2021)Peter’s first recorded sermon is in Acts...
- 14 JunGoing Deeper – June 6, 2021 1,...
- 02 JunGoing Deeper: Reflection and Application Questions for...
- 28 MayGoing Deeper Reflection and Application For Week...
3705 N Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32818 Phone:(407) 293-2781 Fax:(407) 295-2960 Email:Office@metrowestchurch.org
Daddy at His Best: Reflection and Application for Fathers’ Day
Scriptures to be read: Hebrew 11:7; Genesis 5:28-29; 6:1-22
- What do you think was your father’s most valuable contribution to humanity? How has his
contribution continued to make a difference in the present time?
“By faith Noah, being warned of God about things not seen, in reverence prepared an ark
for the salvation of his household…” Hebrew 11:7. Based on the statement made about
faith in 11:6, how did Noah show his faith?
- What would you identify as the most convincing evidence or of your faith? Do others see
this evidence? In what setting would you say your father was/is at his best? As a Father,
when would you say you are at your best? Why?
- Noah built an ark “for the salvation of his household”. What is your understanding of
salvation? What actions of your father contributed to your salvation? If you are a father, as
you think about the various responsibilities you have for your children, describe the
deliberate actions you have taken to ensure that your child/children come to faith in Christ?
- The ark was a place of safety for Noah and his household, (as well as for all different species
of animals). What are some of the mental, emotional, social, and spiritual dangers that the
faith of a dad can protect his household from?
- Noah’s household included his wife. She entered the ark along with the wives of Noah’s
sons. One could say that they were all saved through faith. What are some of the things that
spouses should do for each other to be impacted by their faith?
- Noah’s faith resulted in the salvation of his household, and the condemnation of the world.
His faith did not have the convincing effect on the world as it had on his household. God
destroyed all the inhabitants of the earth except those who were in the ark. What are the
concerns that you have when you do not see your faith having the desired outcome in the
lives of those who are outside of your family?
- Think of a family member whose faith has impacted your life. Consider that as a legacy. It is
now your opportunity to impact other lives beginning with persons of your household.
Make this a prayer and a commitment to the Lord.