- Sermon topic: One Nation Under One God....
- Going Deeper – June 6, 2021 1,...
- Going Deeper: Reflection and Application Questions for...
- Going Deeper Reflection and Application For Week...
Going Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week Ending April 18, 2021 “The One Who Is; the One Who Was The One Who Is To Come” Revelation 1-18John is referred to as a bond-servant...
- 08 JulSermon topic: One Nation Under One God....
- 14 JunGoing Deeper – June 6, 2021 1,...
- 02 JunGoing Deeper: Reflection and Application Questions for...
These questions are intended for your personal reflection and application of God’s word. Please do
not limit your reflection to the questions. As the Spirit of God prompts you, record His whispers to
you and be quick to obey whatever He directs you to do or say.
- Jesus spoke very confidently about His relationship with His Father and His followers, (John
15:1-3) Using about 150 words, describe your relationship with Christ using any imagery that
you think best illustrates your relationship with Him.
- The Father prunes the fruitful branch which in return bears more fruit, 15:2. Jesus makes us
know that we are the branches, 15:5. We are expected to be bearing fruit. The fruit that we
must be bearing are people whom we are winning to Christ, and those we are helping to
develop a closer relationship with Him, John 15:16. On the other hand, the father removes the
fruitless branch from the vine, 15:2,6. As the Father looks on your life, what do you sense that
He is going to do to you: remove you from the vine or remove from you those things that could
prevent you from being at your best?
- Christ as well as His followers receive the Father’s care, 15:1,2. In addition to the care of the
Father, we the followers of Christ are nourished by Christ, the Vine. In return for the care and
nourishment we receive, we are responsible for producing fruit, 15:5. On the scale of 1-5, (1
meaning that you are very dissatisfied and 5 meaning you are overwhelmingly satisfied), how
satisfied are you with your fruit bearing? Can you name at least two persons whom you have
led to Christ in the past two years.
- There are three definite effects of the words of Jesus: We are clean through his word, 15:3; by
His word abiding in us we are assured of a positive response to prayer, 15:7 and His words bring
us joy, 15:11. These are reasons to praise the Lord. Write a prayer to the Lord in which you are
praising Him for these three effects of his word.
- Jesus states that we glorify the Father when we bear much fruit, 15:8. However, He removes
the fruitless branch from the vine, 15:2. Will your prayer be one of praise that you are bringing
glory to the Father or will it be a plea to Him to not remove you from the vine?
- Since apart from Christ we can do nothing, 15:4-5; how are you showing that you are totally
dependent on Christ?
- Jesus speaks about two virtues: love and joy, 15:9-11. We receive His love and His joy. How
does abiding in His love help you with life issues? Describe the effects of His joy as you face