- Sermon topic: One Nation Under One God....
- Going Deeper – June 6, 2021 1,...
- Going Deeper: Reflection and Application Questions for...
- Going Deeper Reflection and Application For Week...
Going Deeper: Reflection and Application for Week Ending April 18, 2021 “The One Who Is; the One Who Was The One Who Is To Come” Revelation 1-18John is referred to as a bond-servant...
- 08 JulSermon topic: One Nation Under One God....
- 14 JunGoing Deeper – June 6, 2021 1,...
- 02 JunGoing Deeper: Reflection and Application Questions for...
Florida District Pastors,
The events of the past several days have highlighted once again our deep need for the message of reconciliation to be preached and for the embodiment of that message to be lived out by the church.
In response to this reality, the Board of General Superintendents for the Church of the Nazarene has issued a call for this Sunday to be a day of prayer and fasting for change. You can read it here. I encourage you to share it with your congregation and to make preparations to lead your congregation in a day of prayer and fasting this coming Sunday, June 7th.
As you approach this time of prayer and fasting I’d encourage you to:
- Share the Board of General Superintendents’ call to prayer and fasting with your congregation by no later than Friday of this week.
- Set aside time in your morning worship service for a dedicated time of prayer for confession, repentance, reconciliation, and response.
- Remind your congregation that prayer and fasting is rooted in personal and corporate repentance.
- Prepare yourself personally to lead in this time of prayer and fasting.
- Begin your time of fasting and prayer with an expectant heart.
- Ask God to help you make a comprehensive list of your personal sins.
- Ask God to help you and the leaders of the church identify any corporate sins which need to be confessed.
- Confess every sin that the Holy Spirit calls to your remembrance and accept God’s forgiveness.
- Seek forgiveness from all whom you have offended, and forgive all who have hurt you.
- Make restitution as the Holy Spirit leads you.
- Seek the Holy Spirit’s infilling and empowerment according to God’s command in Ephesians 5:18 and God’s promise in 1 John 5:14-15.
Pastors, let’s join together in leading our congregations in prayer that we might embody God’s vision for reconciliation, justice, unity, and holy love for the world.
Grace & Peace,
Rev. Dale W. Schaeffer || District Superintendent